Monday, August 13, 2012

NOTD: Cotton Candy

I saw a picture of this manicure and just had to try it!! It took me a little bit to figure out a color combination that stood out enough but I found it! After painting on a white base coat to make the colors stand out, I took a make up sponge and painted on the pink then the blue letting them overlap. I then sponged the colors on to my nail. Immediately, I took a top coat and brushed it over to make the colors smooth out. It looked like cotton candy to me and I happened to have a cotton candy scented pink polish by Revlon so, I put it on. The smell was to much for me so I put a top coat on to make the smell go away.
I found a new location to shoot my pictures that have more light.... the window.... now why didn't I think of that earlier?

The colors I chose are:
Revlon's "Temptress"
NYC's "French Tip White"
Bon Bon's in blue-green


Here is a video about the technique I used. (I also plan to do this look)



My pictures
I was outside in a vineyard and the light was too nice not to take a picture





No comments:

Post a Comment