Monday, January 28, 2013

NOTD: Egg Shell Nails + 100th Blog Post!




This is my 100th blog post!!!! Awesome!! I think it so much fun to blog about nail polish and I look forward for the next 100 after this and after that! Thank you for coming back to my blog, it means a lot to me! :DD

Now on to..... Egg shell nails. Yup, egg shells. Kinda weird isn't it!?! My fuzzy nails were weird but egg shells are pretty interesting!

I asked my dad to save the egg shells when he made his breakfast. After washing them, I proceeded to dye them. I put water and food coloring in plastic cups then put a teaspoon of vinegar in so it would help color the egg shells. I mixed colors to get the purple and orange shells. I let them be for an hour then checked them. They weren't ready yet so I left them for another half an hour. I took them out and let them air dry for a while.

I painted all of my nails white then broke up an egg shell. I crunched it up with the bottom of a nail polish bottle and then sprinkled it onto my nail that had wet top coat on. I put more top coat on top of the egg shells. This actually took me a while, crunching them up then making sure I liked it on my nails.

My nails sounded cool when I hit them together, hehe.

The white I used was just NYC's "French Tip White".





No comments:

Post a Comment