Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 18: Half Moon

I have always liked the look of half moon  manicures. I have been inspired by Dita Von Teese's version of this vintage style. (Dita is a burlesque performer by the way)

I did not do this freehand, I have tried to in the past but the result is never pretty so I cheated by using notebook paper reinforcement rings. All you do is paint the bottom color, let it dry then take a sticker and press it on your hand a few times to get rid of some of the adhesive. Then, you put the ring on the nail and paint the top color. Remove the ring while the top polish is still wet. That is the trick to easy half moon manicures!

Polish used:
Sinful Colors "Out of this World"
China Glaze "Red Pumps"

 





reinforcement rings
 
Dita Von Teese half moon manicure

No comments:

Post a Comment