Wednesday, February 27, 2013

NOTD: Reciprocal Gradient

The look today is a new style I found out about called the Reciprocal Gradient. You first make a normal gradient, put striping tape on it, then do the same color gradients going the opposite way. It looks simple, and it is, but this took me forever to do. The dang striping tape had a mind of its own and the nail polish took a very long time to dry before the tapes could go on. You will see on my little finger that some of the bottom gradient came up. :( There was really no way for me to fix it so I had to leave it be. Some also came up on my thumb but I hid that in the picture.
This is worth trying again not only to make it look better but also there are so many color combos that would be amazing like this.

Nail Polish Used:
Wet n Wild "Poison Apple"
Sally Hansen "Lacey Lilac"
Sinful Colors "Snow Me White"
+ Striping tape 


Please excuse the messy cuticles. When I was trying to clean up I kept messing up the look so I also left that be. 




Striping tape, this one is in silver. I also have a red one.


Inspired by: My Simple Little Pleasures 

No comments:

Post a Comment